Darlene Cruz's Reviews > Fragile Reign

Fragile Reign by Stacey O'Neale

F 50x66

What a delectable read. The author kept me focus on the characters and the plot which prompted a serious urgency to finish it in no time. It took me awhile to add my review because when you read a story so good you want to give it something out of the ordinary review. I have read the stories before Fragile Reign and did a blog tour for Mortal Enchantment, I must say I was and still am in awe of The Shadow Prince and Mortal Enchantment #1. What can I add to this story, "Fragile Reign?" Well first off as I said, "delectable read," Rowan and Kalin," a young couple facing incredible odds of a huge royal dilemna. Rowan a king in the making of the Fire Court, "The House of Djin," and Kalin a Queen in the making of the Air Court, "The House of Paralda." Every turn and every corner of this story Rowan and Kalin continued to fight their way to some kind of normalcy in this Kingdom of Avalon. Princess Kalin has an astronomical task of proving herself as the next, "Akasha," and showing the kind of confidence a royal member should have when the time comes for her to assume her father's role in case of his absence or as a replacement. Did I mention her father is King Taron, King of the Air Court and House of Paralda, oh yeah I did! The people of Avalon see her only as an halfling, half Taron and half mortal from beyond the veil. Rowan has to deal with his own troubles, his Fire Court. He needs to assemble the Fire Court because it is now in a shamble and there's no one to rule over it. Will he assume the role as King? Not without the help of Ariel and Marcus. Ariel, so sweet and the one person Kalin can confide in and the one who fashioned all the royal dresses for Princess Kalin in an amount of time that will make your head spin, not one color but many to choose from :D She is so much in love with Marcus, but a problem threatens their union. Ariel is bethrothed to Aiden, arranged marriage to be. Marcus, her parents considered a slave to the court, a "Gabriel Hound." Marcus so loyal to Rowan and Rowan to him. Marcus must face someone who by name and blood, his father Darius leader of Gabriel Hounds, why? To save Rowan. His father Darius was manipulated and toyed with under the Queen who happens to be Rowan's late mother. You have to read the story to follow this part, really. Something physically changed Marcus, as Rowan stated, "What kind of steroids have you been taking?" Rowan noticed the change in Marcus, Marcus could put the WWE wrestlers to shame,"Damn." Kalin finds out a friend she thought was a friend, turns out to be her worse enemy and nemesis. Mind blocking powers. How? Who? Here's where the problem escalated for Kalin. She has so much to deal with, her father King Taron's health and getting back to his full strength and on with his royal duties and her mother, I will stop here because you need to read the story to find out. But wait, whose afraid of the thought of drowning? Pretty boy, male model, perfect set of teeth and will charm the ???? off of you, who is it already? Sebastian. Arranged marriage, bethrothed at infancy, what??? Rowan the love of her life, she finally got the green light. What do I mean by green light, Rowan confessed something to Kalin which sealed the deal. Duh! Boyfriend or girlfriend? Read the book to find out :D Akasha, does Kalin find out if she is the Akasha as the prophecy predicted? Symbols of each four courts were present on Kalin's skin when she was born, hmm.... I think that's a big fat HINT! Oh, there's a book hidden with the secrets of Avalon and its beginning, the language unreadable to your average joe but to the Akasha, well read the story to find out. All I need for you to know this story absolutely entertained me. I adore this author's writing because she managed to make me laughed, cry, and pursed my lips when the emotions got a hold of me. The characters were just right for this story and so easy to follow. The scene flowed smoothly without any hesitation, just pure enjoyment. I received a free digital download by the author and I thank you. Thank you, Darlene Cruz BRAVO, you did it again!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fragile Reign.

August 27, 2014 – Shelved