Tracy's Reviews > Marcelo in the Real World

Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork

May 21, 2010

bookshelves: feb-2011

I found this amazing book through one of my favorite authors, Maggie Steifvater. She had given this one 5 stars and highly recommended it. I thought...why not. I will admit this book is totally out of my realm of normal reads for me. You know what? I adore this book! What an amazing story and what an absolutely amazing character. Marcelo is quiet, loving, caring, deep, amazing and so much more. If only there truly were more Marcelo's in the Real World. Jasmine is also an amazing character. She is quiet, strong, loving and also so much more. This is one of those books that is quiet and subdue, yet it blasts these amazing moments right at your heart and soul. You truly come away from this book with an all around good feeling. I found myself laughing out loud, giggling, goose-bumps crawling(in good ways and bad) from the tips of my fingers to the tips of my toes and very close to tears through this story. I so very much recommend this book. It is a story of love. It is a story of discover. Discovering yourself and the true world around you. It is a story about strength/faith. Finding the strength/faith within you to make powerful and sometimes difficult decisions. A truly amazing story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marcelo in the Real World.

May 21, 2010 – Shelved
February 7, 2011 – Started Reading
February 7, 2011 –
page 135
43.27% "Marcelo is amazing! Such depth, yet utterly simple. Just love it!"
February 8, 2011 – Shelved as: feb-2011