Sandy Vaughan's Reviews > The Lost Wife

The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman

Aug 26, 2014

bookshelves: audible, historical-fiction, romance, world-war-ii-holocaust, listened, modern, purchased

As the Brits would say "It's BRILLIANT!" Alyson Richman is one hell of a writer to be able to switch back and forth between two equally engaging people who fall in love, get married, get separated, and, 60 years later, come back together. She shows you Prague before and after the Nazis take over, what might happen to people who "got out in time", and those who stayed...and how they could come back together.

It's all so believable! Ms Richman has made all the characters believable. While some of the Germans only appear briefly, most of us have watched enough movies and TV drama to see them as full fleshed out. And the narrators! George Guidall and Suzanne Toren are as near perfect as one could wish. This is one book that I am glad I purchased in audible format rather than paper.

I don't know why I've always had an interest in WWII in Europe rather than the Pacific, but I have. Many of books have been biographic. This one sounds like it was...the clarification will be in the epilog. It seems well researched.

If you like a love story...an insight into what one person might have experienced in the camps...or what a person who made it safely to America might have experienced...how likes history, you should purchase this novel and more to share with your friends and relations!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Wife.

August 26, 2014 – Shelved