Gabriella's Reviews > Hidden Wives

Hidden Wives by Claire Avery

May 20, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: first-reads, best-endings, abuse, realistic-fiction, standalones, romance, heavy-reads
Recommended for: people who like Lifetime

So, I just finished Hidden Wives by Claire Avery. (This book, by the way, I won from the Goodreads giveaway.) I know I've gotta write a review, but I just don't know what to say about this book. Well, first off, it's just about the only book I've won from Goodreads that I read the whole way through. Hidden Wives is also probably the best book I've won from Goodreads, hence why I read it all the way through. :P

Anyway, what's the book about? Easy, polygamists. That's all you need to know. It's about Rachel Shaw and Sara Marx, half-sisters, who were raised in the Blood of the Lamb polygamist community, and basically how they overcome their hardships and whatnot.

Now, in the beginnig Hidden Wives really seemed like it was gonna be boring, but turned out not to be. It had a real good ending, and I did like the book, but the thing is, Hidden Wives just didn't really elicit much emotion outta me, which is why this is a piss-poor book review.

But what can I say? Read the book, more than likely you'll like it! Haha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Wives.

May 20, 2010 – Shelved
May 16, 2013 – Shelved as: romance
December 31, 2016 – Shelved as: heavy-reads

message 1: by Claire (new) - added it

Claire Avery Hi Gabriella,
I loved perusing your bookshelves. Such wonderful choices! Thanks so much for adding HIDDEN WIVES to your to-read shelf. Hope you enjoy it.

Warmly,