Not Now...Mommy's Reading's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

May 20, 2010

bookshelves: night-huntress-series, 2010-reads, nookbooks, urban-fantasy, favorites, i-love-him, vampires
Read from November 04 to 09, 2010

I finished this book a little after 1 a.m. this morning and I absolutely LOVED IT!

Bones.

I have to admit that when I first read the description of my new fav hero - I was a bit turned off as I've never been a fan of blonde heroes (or heroines for that matter). But after the first interaction between he and Cat - I was HOOKED! He was sooo...just wow! Like total alpha male! I loved his snarkiness and wit but when he declared his feelings for Cat...he just stole my heart. *le sigh And the love scene between he and Cat - one of the, if not THE hottest scene I'd ever read! It wasn't just hot, raunchy sex...it was intense love-making and I was sooo...

Jealous. =(

Anywho, Bones is now my fav hero and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next book in the series.

Cat was - eh. A bit dense to me at times...okay, most of the time. But Bones loved her so I like her.

BTW, the last line in the book was just perfect. I actually shed a tear. *sniffle

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

Quotes Not Now...Mommy's Reading Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“If you run from me, I will chase you, and I'll find you....”

Jeaniene Frost
“I'm saying that I'm a moody, insecure, narrow-minded, jealous, borderline homicidal bitch, and I want you to promise me that you're okay with that, because it's who I am, and you're what I need.”

Jeaniene Frost
“All I'm saying is that sooner of later, you'll have to come to terms with yourself. You can't wish away the vampire in you, and you shouldn't keep atoning for it. You should figure out who you are and what you need, and then don't apologize for it. Not to me, to your mum, or to anyone.”

Jeaniene Frost
“We're, ah, taking a break to evaluate things, and, um, reexamine our relationship, so I stuffed him in a closet!" I burst out in shame. Timmie's eyes goggled.
Is he still there?”

Jeaniene Frost
“We're going to knock those demons out and slay them with the power of Jesus. Hallelujah, can I get an amen?- Timmie”

Jeaniene Frost
“Don't kiss me like a woman if you're going to treat me like a child.”

Jeaniene Frost
“I was thrown into a state of sheer, mindless panic. “It’s my mother!” I whispered fiercely,
as if Bones hadn’t figured that out. “Holy shit, you have to hide!”
I literally shoved him toward the bedroom, yelling, “I—I’ll be right there, I’m not
dressed!”
He went, but with none of my hysteria. “Kitten, you still haven’t told her? Blimey, what
are you waiting for?”
The Second Coming of Christ!” I snapped. “And not a moment sooner! Here, in the
closet!”

Jeaniene Frost
“Do you think I’m pretty?” I heard myself ask.
Something I couldn’t name flashed across his face.
“No. I don’t think you’re pretty. I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

Jeaniene Frost
“Right, then, mate, terribly sorry for my unspeakable rudeness, and I do beg your pardon. I can only say that it was caused by my natural affront to the notion of her as my sister. Since I'll be shagging her tonight, you can imagine how I'd be distressed at the thought of rogering my sibling"
"You shmuck! The only thing you'll be shagging tonight is yourself!"
"You wanted sincerity, well, luv, I was sincere.”

11/06/2010 page 40
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Nov 09, 2010 06:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Black Pearl! Yes, Bones is...something else! *sighs* ^_^