Emily's Reviews > Craft Challenge: Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Tea Towel

May 20, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: craft-miscellaneous, craft-sewing-embroidery
Read in May, 2010

On first glance, this was going to be an excellent craft book. I loved the pictures, and thought I would find many more inspiring projects than I had in the sister book, Dozens of Ways to Repurpose a Pillowcase. Alas, that was not to be so.

My biggest complaint is an odd one, even I admit it. There is no one or two sentence description of each project at the start, as is the case in most craft books. And I want that. Partly because I like reading them, partly because I want more details on a project (how many openings does the wallet have? How many pockets in the wristlet? On the apron?), and partly because, to be honest, there were a few things I wasn't entirely sure what the main purpose was, and descriptions would have helped. (Like the Potluck. Is it a handbag? Or meant to transport a casserole dish? Becuase I assume the latter from the name, but the picture makes it seem like it's a handbag.) Oh, and how are you supposed to hang the (admittedly quite cute) owl clock?

The instructions also seemed to not have enough detail, and could benefit from additional pictures or drawings to figure out.

I would also like to say that I think the Garden Gnomes are the ugliest/creepiest I've ever seen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Craft Challenge.