RoXXie's Reviews > The King

The King by J.R. Ward

Aug 24, 2014

bookshelves: j-r-ward, black-dagger-engl, read-2014, owned

The King! The King! Long live the King!
Wow, wow, wow! And once again J.R. Ward is dragging us right in to the lives of the Brotherhood of the Black Dagger. And damn, how she does it!!! Breathtaking.

The corruption which is going around the aristocrats to get rid of there king, all fueled by the hat of the Band of Bastards. It is surprising to see, that Xhor is going a path without blood shedding. But is he willing to give up the throne? For a female? Is he willing to risk all what he came for, for a Chosen? Can Layla, the Chosen, follow her heart without betraying her loved King?
The answers are in this book, that's for sure. And it feels that never before, we learned so much about the Brothers and the Bastards.

And then there is Beth, the Queen, who is in need of a young. She wants it so bad, that it seems she would risk everything for it, even her mate. But can she do it? Will she have a young? Will Wrath, her King, her mate, her love of life, give her what she so desperately desires? It's a desire Wrath can't understand, it's a female desire, no man will ever understand.

I've been captured by the book, I could hardly take it away to do my daily errands. It's been a torture to not keep reading. The Warden, how J.R. Ward get lovely called by her fans, made it again. She took us deep in to a story, which we cannot escape.

Not only the fight for the throne of the vampire nation, but also the little side stories about Trez and Selena, Assail and Sola, make this book a wonderful installment to the Black Dagger series. And already, we wonder how will she drag us even further in to the dark mysteries.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The King.

August 24, 2014 – Shelved