Ingo's Reviews > A is for Alibi

A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton

8842081

liked it

Was mentioned somewhere on Goodreads and sounded interesting and was very cheap (unlike the others in the series), like a promo or maybe as it is the first book in the series.
The heroine is great, being single and stubborn.
Little romance, even less sex (and the sex scenes only hinted at, not very interesting), so that was ok.
The case meanders through the story-line and the book was very dated, with no cell-phones and computers only used by accountants for book-keeping and finance, and a side story based on the switch, putting data from paper into computers.
A few twists with a nice showdown, but no real hard to guess whodunit.
Still, a solid and well deserved 3stars and a recommendation for a female P.I. .

As there are a lot of books in the Alphabet-Series, I will probably skip the next 10 and look into those which are newer and may feature more up-to-date technology, but will also check reviews first before buying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A is for Alibi.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Jo (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jo Lisa Ingo, unless you really want to read them all at some point, I don't recommend "B" is for Burglar.. I have read three, and it is my least favorite. I think "C" is for Corpse is the best. Still just 3-star, but a nice simple mystery. I would just call them fun..

Ingo Thanks, just what I suspected - and I do not plan to read all.
I will probably check a few other (female) writers and not read any more books of this series soon.