Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect's Reviews > Where's My Hero?

Where's My Hero? by Lisa Kleypas

May 19, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance, anthology, author-lisa-kleypas, author-sherrilyn-kenyon-kinley-m, hh-viscount-viscountess, books-i-own, 4-star-reads
Read from October 15, 2010 to February 09, 2011

Both the first story and the last story were great short stories. The middle story was the odd one out, it wasn't very enjoyable.

Against the Odds by Lisa Kleypas - I loved this one. Was it as fantastic as one of LK's full length novels, no. However it was still a good read. It was great seeing Sara/Derek again as they are one of my favorite historical romance couples. My only complaint with the story was that it wasn't long enough. This is the one story in this anthology that I felt would have been better as a full length novel.

Midsummer's Knight by Kinley MacGregor - It took me 2 weeks to finish the 127 pg story. I honestly can't put my finger on why I didn't like this short story, I just didn't. Which is a mystery to me because I absolutely love Sherrilyn Kenyon's work but when she writes as Kinley MacGregor it's very hit or miss.

A Tale of Two Sisters by Julia Quinn - I very much enjoyed this one. As with the other two full length novels of hers I've read I could not put it down. Although as with many short stories I do feel things happen too fast but the dialogue was fun, I felt a connection to Charlotte and Ned and a connection between them so I was able to over look the quickness of everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where's My Hero?.

10/15/2010 page 99
26.0% "Only read the 1st story, will read the other 2 sometime soon.

Against the Odds by LK: 5 stars. It was so nice to see Derek/Sarah again. Also Jake/Lydia were wonderful."
01/30/2011 page 137
36.0% "Against the Odds by LK: *****"
01/30/2011 page 150
39.0% "Against the Odds by LK: *****"
02/09/2011 page 231
60.0% "Against the Odds by LK: *****; Midsummer Knights by KM: **"