Crista's Reviews > Welcome to Temptation

Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie

3194546

did not like it
bookshelves: 1-star, contemporary

I realize that this book is very popular and well received by a great many. That however, is not enough to make me recommend this book. I am not critical by nature, (see my other reviews), but I do like to "call a spade a spade"!

This is a story about the town of Temptation, it's citizens, and a family who comes to film a "movie". Phin is the mayor and Sophie is the traveling film maker.

This book contains crass humor, foul language, and very little romance. For me this makes for a very disappointing read. The characters had PLENTY of sexual chemistry, but I NEVER believed that there was any real and lasting love between the 2 of them. This is a cardinal sin for a "romance junkie" like myself, and I cannot recommend this book to readers who love romance. For those who like a "naughty" read..this might do the trick.

Sorry, not for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to Temptation.

Started Reading
September 9, 2008 – Finished Reading
May 19, 2010 – Shelved
May 19, 2010 – Shelved as: 1-star
May 19, 2010 – Shelved as: contemporary

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Ruthie (new) - added it

Ruthie Knox I liked the sexual chemistry -- the first sex scene with the lamp is the thing that sticks most with me from this book. But I felt like the whole book was narrated from a great distance. Deep POV was missing.

Crista Hi Ruthie,

Definitely agree with you. I like to feel immersed in a story. It just didn't happen for me with this one. When a book is as beloved by readers as this one is, I always think "what did I miss?". Your comment explains things nicely!

message 3: by Nadine (new) - added it

Nadine Grech I urge you to read Bet Me. It's her best book.