Crista's Reviews > No Man's Mistress

May 19, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 3-star, regency, series
Read in December, 2007

Okay, here's the deal. This book is just not in the same league as More Than A Mistress, but to be fair, is was very entertaining and interesting. I enjoyed reading it, but it lacked the emotional depth and feeling that the prequel embodied.

Ferdinand is a 27 year old virgin. That's right.....a male virgin in a romance novel. Let's just say, without giving too much away, that Viola is not. This premsie alone, in my opinion, is worth reading. How often have we read the counter to this plot. Female virgin, male rake,..blah,blah,blah. Mary Balogh is quite the talent. She effortlessly weaves together a storyline that is engaging and romantic.

I liked this book because I loved More than A Mistress. I know that sounds strange, but I enjoyed catching up with Tresh and Jane, and Angeline and her husband. The romance between Ferdinand and Violet was sweet but somewhat unbelievable, but honestly, as readers of romance, do we really care that much about the unbelievable. The happily ever after in this story is a bit contrived, but oh so sweet. Read this if you liked More Than A Mistress understanding that you'll probably like this one a little less.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Man's Mistress.