Rashmirekha Basu's Reviews > How To Be a Heroine

How To Be a Heroine by Samantha    Ellis

bookshelves: the-gold-standard

Some books sing to you. Some books you devour because , as you turn the pages, rapt and eager,you are amazed by the truant familiarity of it! This is the book you would wish you could have written ; that,in your less pragmatic moments, you think you could have written. If you have a friend who was infamous for reading novels surreptitiously during class, who is never without a book and who explains her emotional frame of mind using fictional characters as points of reference, gift her (and it HAS to be a "her") this book. If you do stumble across these lines which inadequately try to explain the lure of this book, chances are you are that person. So please, pick it up,make your favourite beverage,switch off the phone and read. No words or exhortations penned by me can ever do justice to the ubiquitous question, "why should I read this?" .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How To Be a Heroine.

August 22, 2014 – Shelved
August 22, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 8, 2014 – Started Reading
October 9, 2014 –
page 0
October 9, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 9, 2014 – Shelved as: the-gold-standard
October 9, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Rashmirekha Basu glad that you agree !

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Ellis Hi Rashmirekha
A friend of yours tells me it's your birthday today so I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday! And thank you for the lovely review as well.
Samantha

Rashmirekha Basu Hi Samantha, thank you so much! This comment capped an amazing day and moved the friend in question more than a few notches higher in my regard.