Meghan's Reviews > Lost Souls

Lost Souls by Poppy Z. Brite

May 18, 2010

bookshelves: reread, vampire

This book formed every impression I have of New Orleans, for better or worse. Green chartreuse liqueur, vampires, killing, sex. Bauhaus.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Souls.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Paulios Woah, 5! I withdrew a few of her books last year due to low circ, was surprised, figured she'd be popular here. Haven't read any but remember her Wikipedia entry was full of fun facts!

Meghan Ok, so, 5 stars if you're 15 years old - maybe 3.5 for me today, but I first read it so long ago that I can't be objective about it at all. Her book Drawing Blood (computer hacker and comic book artist find love in a haunted house, c. 1993) is one of my favorite books ever, but, again, I read it at a really formative age. Interestingly, she's basically repudiated those two books I love, that she wrote while in her early 20s, and has since gone into foodie fiction, which I've tried to read but hate.

I first found out about her through an article in a teen magazine that mentioned her fishnet stockings, dyed red hair, her outcast status in high school in a small Southern town, and that she lived in New Orleans with her two boyfriends.