Natalie's Reviews > The Mood Cure: The 4-Step Program to Take Charge of Your Emotions--Today

The Mood Cure by Julia Ross

May 18, 2010

I would recommend this book not only for people struggling with depression, anxiety, OCD, that type of thing, but also for overstressed, overwhelmed people, and for people with mild depression- sort of low-energy/apathetic type of feeling. I think everyone should read it because the chances are extremely high that you will need the things you learn for yourself at some point in your life or for someone you love. You might even be suffering needlessly, telling yourself it's "normal" and that you just need to "buck up."

This is definitely the best book I have ever read on depression. Partly because the nutrition and supplement recommendations in it are RIGHT ON. I have been like the human experiment and can testify that it works, and it works FAST, like in 5 or 10 minutes.

Her writing is down-to-earth and readable, very persuasive, and the research seems to be impeccable. And again, I think EVERYONE in the entire world should read this book. Taking some of the supplements she recommends for depression should be as much common knowledge as taking a Tylenol for a headache!!!

I am completely on board with the author's philosophy that food in this country isn't what it used to be. This is a very common conclusion in the alternative/holistic health world. But the research is there. Our protein doesn't have as much tryptophan in it so our brains can have seratonin, and our produce just doesn't have the vitamins & minerals in it that it used to. Like I said, this needs to be common knowledge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mood Cure.

Finished Reading
May 18, 2010 – Shelved

Jeslyn I'm really looking forward to reading this book - sounds fantastic!