Gregory Rothbard's Reviews > The Metaxy Project

The Metaxy Project by Layton Green

Aug 20, 2014

I was lucky enough to receive this book from the author; this was the first time I have read Layton Green. I will read more Layton Green and look forward to his Dominic Grey and Viktor Redek series.

The Metaxy Project is a great book that makes the paranormal and agnostic faith tangible to the reader.

Layton Green takes time to flesh out the characters in the first quarter of the book. The details at time became tedious and I thought, "Man, I should not have chosen this book, and the author wants me to review it." Layton Green's use of cliche stilted the voice of his characters; the dialogue at times was melodramatic and made me cringe. However the author's use of dialogue improved as the action took flight.

Green does a great job at setting up these believable characters in unbelievable circumstances. I could feel the stress that Gemma felt in providing for her sick child, and became enraptured with her character.

The setting of Atlanta is described expertly and one can envision the complexity of the monstrous city. The author knows Atlanta and can show the reader its various facets.

I had a hard time, in fact, putting the book down during the chilling climax. I will read more Layton Green.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Metaxy Project.

August 20, 2014 – Started Reading
August 20, 2014 – Shelved
August 20, 2014 –
page 133
34.1% "Don't put down this book until you have reached 25% read. The book at first takes time to build the complexity of the story. But if given time the patience is worth it..."
August 22, 2014 –
page 343
87.95% "I will read more by Layton Green."
August 22, 2014 – Finished Reading