Carolyn F.'s Reviews > Urban Shaman

Urban Shaman by C.E. Murphy

May 17, 2010

bookshelves: library-book, urban-fantasy, audiobook-and-owned-book
Read from January 26 to February 06, 2012

Reread by audiobook. I also read the library paperback. This narrator, I'm thinking she might be the problem with this audiobook because I didn't enjoy it as much as when I read the book. There's a narrator change with book two, but I don't know if it's for the better.

Previous review on 06/02/10This is a 3.5 stars. The writing is okay. There's a LOT of similarities between her and Patricia Briggs' Mercedes books. A LOT. But this book was published before Patricia Briggs' so I'm not taking anything away from C.E. Murphy. Her problem though is that I can't help the comparison in the writing. Joanne is funnier than Mercedes but not by much. I love Gary, Morrison and Billy. I was going to immediately read #2 and #3 but I'm going to hold off and put a couple of books in between because it didn't hold my interest that much. Overall the book is pretty good and I feel sorry for Ms. Murphy because of the obvious comparisons.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Urban Shaman.

05/31/2010 page 72
17.56% "This book was published in 2005 and Patricia Briggs was published in 2006. This has a female American Indian who is a mechanic in Washington State saving Fae who is a shapeshifting Coyote. Who copied whom?" 4 comments
06/17/2016 marked as: read