Melanie's Reviews > Son of War, Daughter of Chaos

Son of War, Daughter of Chaos by Janette Rallison

bookshelves: book-tours, clean, favorite-author, favorites_2014, fiction, mystery, paranormal, romance, young-adult, ya-romance

I love Janette Rallison's books so had high expectations going in and once again, she didn't disappoint! Aislynn thinks her father goes overboard when he secures their home like a fortress every time they move and keeps warning her about people with flashing green eyes and other physical abnormalities. She looked diligently for people matching that description when she was young, but she's tired of it. As far as she's concerned, she's a typical teenager trying to fit in and catch the attention of Dane, the boy she's had a crush on for a while. He finally appears to like her back and they share an amazing kiss in the rain but shortly after that something happens that changes everything.

Aislynn tries to figure out what's going on and the real story of the night her mother died. Did it really happen as she'd always been told? She also learns the history between the Horusians and the Setites and where she fits in with them. There's so much more to tell but I won't so you can experience this for yourself!

I love how quickly the storyline moved and it never felt slow to me. I couldn't figure out who the good guys and bad guys were. There's some romance (and great kissing scenes!) and I was rooting for a relationship that seemed unlikely to work. There's also lots of traveling, an ancient war, mythological and paranormal elements and twists and turns that kept me guessing until the end. The ending is satisfying but there's still more story that can be told. I'm really hoping for a second book!!

I received a copy of this book to review. My opinion is 100% my own.

Mel's Shelves

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Son of War, Daughter of Chaos.

Started Reading