Kim Aippersbach's Reviews > The Better Part of Valor

The Better Part of Valor by Tanya Huff

Aug 19, 2014

More Torin Kerr. Sign me up! I can't express how much I love this character. Strong, no-nonsense, devoted to her duty but with her own definite opinions about it. As a reward for a job well done (or a punishment for speaking her mind to a general!), Torin gets to deal with a civilian salvage operator who doesn't know the meaning of discipline, a vainglorious useless superior, and a really, really annoying cute furry reporter. Oh, and a mysterious alien ship that . . . oh, wait, I can't tell you anything about the ship!

We get to know a bit more about the Others, there are a few more interesting alien species, Torin gets to be clever and bad-ass and do the right thing, and the civilian salvage operator is pretty hot.

Entertaining and intriguing enough to make me buy the next one on Kindle because the library didn't have it. (Not a cliff-hanger ending, but I want to know more about Torin and Craig and the Others and the mysterious aliens.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Better Part of Valor.

Started Reading