Charlotte (novelsandteacups)'s Reviews > Step Back in Time

Step Back in Time by Ali McNamara

bookshelves: favorites
Read 2 times. Last read January 31, 2019 to February 7, 2019.

Step back in time is about a women called jo-jo who is an accountant with her own firm. She always puts her work before herself, family and friends. One day however she gets hit by a sports car on a zebra crossing and starts to travel back in time. As time traveling she starts to change and it makes her have a different perspective on life and learning how to love each day and appreciate what little you have.

This book is ultimately my favourite book and re-reading it again has reminded me how much I love it. Growing up I was introduced to a lot of music by my parents from different decades especially the beatles and I have always like seeing how times change everything from music, technology, fashion and society.

I love how you go through a time warp, back in time and it feels in a way like your there seeing it for the first time. Going through the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s. Its abit like 'back to the future trying to find the meaning to get back to the present time of 2013. It makes jo-jo look more closely at her life at aspects of what she can change to be happier. Throughout the book it has references to the Beatles. Since her parents were big fans of the band, her sisters and self were subtly named after the fab four as so are some of the other characters in this book.

I love visiting Liverpool in the summer with friends the atmosphere is the best. If you haven't read this book yet then what are doing, read it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Step Back in Time.

Quotes Charlotte (novelsandteacups) Liked

Ali McNamara
“Sometimes we think we know what we want, but we don't actually know what we need until we find it.”
Ali McNamara, Step Back In Time