Gladys's Reviews > Last Light Falling

Last Light Falling by J.E. Plemons

22012865

“Why would someone like yourself come to my aid? I’m just an old, withering man who has nothing to offer” he says.
“And I’m a broken girl who wants nothing to take. Look into my eyes. What do you see?”

I've always been a fan of books threading the dystopian & post-apocalyptic genre, and this book never fails to exceed my expectations. First off, the story line is amazingly unique and hauntingly evocative at the same time. It is truly an epitome of a true page-turner. Every detail is intricately described, that you’ll almost feel you’re one of the characters and everything is happening around you. The action sequences are to die for (literally!). The author really did a great job when it comes to research, because he was able to portray dangerous and yet plausible scenes effectively. The protagonists, Arena & Gabriel Power, despite their unbelievable gifts are amazingly exemplified as humans. You can feel their happiness, pain, fear, anger and rage, which are all basic human emotions. The rest of the characters are well-developed and as you go along you’ll realize that everyone plays an important part in keeping the story intact.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wanted more than just a post-apocalyptic story. This would definitely make you awake for hours not only because of the utterly gripping scenes, but because you wouldn't dare to put it down once you open its pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Light Falling.

August 19, 2014 – Started Reading