Artemiz's Reviews > Promised to the Highlander

Promised to the Highlander by Kate Robbins

it was ok
bookshelves: netgalley, 2014

Promised to the Highlander by Kate Robbins is an OK story. It's just OK 'course it's lacking continuity and the timeline is all mixed up.

Nessia who is at the beginning an accomplished archer who brings home the best game at the end does not even remember to bring a dirk with her when she goes to rescue her love. It's like in that almost a year when she was away from home she had forgotten all she had ever learned and she has turned into an housewife who thinks like teenager who rushes to save a world with her bare hands. Although she loved William, her first husband, Fergus' brother, she is crazy about Fergus, but same time she keeps talking about her sweet William, even in her and Fergus' wedding bed.

Fergus is this powerful laird, who is always on a edge to go berserk, who is ready to jump to the worst conclusions always and who has newer loved his first wife and who one moment loves Nessia and other hates her and then again loves her.

Nessia and William where married some six months before he died, but nobody talks about Nessia's possible pregnancies, but after just one night with Fergus and already she thinks she might be carrying his child. And Fergus' sister Freia ... don't start me on that, be course the story of her love life and pregnancy is the most peculiar of all. Same goes with William's death, Fergus' incarceration ... they both rise so many questions and give no answer.

Do not get me wrong, the story was interesting, but it was filled with contradictions, unanswered questions, moments when I felt it's better to turn out my mind since it was insult to my intelligence. It could be much better story if the mishaps could be ironed out and unnecessary information could be removed or helpful information could be added. But it's just in my opinion, so others might like the story as it is, and they have every right too, just for me the story was interesting but not very good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Promised to the Highlander.

August 19, 2014 – Shelved
August 19, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
August 19, 2014 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 1, 2014 – Started Reading
November 4, 2014 – Shelved as: 2014
November 4, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Lissy (new)

Lissy LeBlanc Looking for this comment... I don't really plot of this heroine loved by two h and something like love triangle