Lindsay's Reviews > Stargazer

May 16, 2010

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read on October 09, 2010

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Wow. What to say about this book....well first off, it most definitely lived up to its reputation and was far better than the first. And of course, the love triangle between Lucas, Bianca, and Balthazar was also a great touch. But along with this book's great point's there were also some....not so great points I happened to notice.

Let's start off with the good points: what an AMAZING COVER! Three words to sum it up? Gorgeous, beautiful, and stunning. And the plot? Also incredibly creative. It was fresh, it was new, and there were surprises at every turn, just when you thought you understood what was going on. And I do love Bianca and Lucas. They're a very cute YA couple and because I haven't had the chance to read this series in such a long time, I forgot that. And the characters? They felt so real to me, each and every one.

Now for the bad points: although the book was written fantastically, I found the beginning to be rather dull and hard to get through. I suppose all books can go through these sort of phases but for some reason, this book's start off wasn't as eye-opening as I had hoped. The plot - although extremely creative and very nail-biting - was slightly predictable for the first half of the book. I called it before it came and as fun as that is to do, it isn't fun to do that constantly.

All in all, I truly did love this breathtaking sequel by Claudia Grey and I can hardly wait to read the third installment of the series: Hourglass.

Rating: 4 out 5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stargazer.