Tim's Reviews > Kris Longknife's Assassin

Kris Longknife's Assassin by Mike Shepherd

it was ok

Interesting and generally well told spinoff novella from the Kris Longknife universe. This retells some familiar episodes from the Longknife stories, only this time we're in Vicky Peterwald's shoes, which gives us an interesting and "opposite" perspective. Vicky starts off on New Eden trying to avenge the death of her brother, by hiring assassins to kill Kris. Of course we already know she fails, and after two more attempts she's shipped off back to Greenfeld space, and from there dumped as a lowly ensign in the navy.

Generally fast paced and well plotted, this is everything the following full novel - Target - fails to be.

But it loses stars for sloppy newbie errors. Minus 1 star for poor layout and formatting. Minus 1 star for lack of editing & proofreading. The number of typos and other grammatical problems is astonishingly large. Someone who has been trad published really should know better. Minus 1 star for polluting 20% Yes SERIOUSLY **20%** of the book's space with promo material for the next one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kris Longknife's Assassin.

August 18, 2014 – Started Reading