Joyzi's Reviews > Glass Houses

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

May 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: ya-books, own, fiction, fantasy, reviewed, book-series, vampires, paranormal-romance

If you like a vampire book that pretty much stick to the old rules of vampire folklore you'll like this one. In this book vampires rule the town called Morganville and they're the villains of the story. Vampires can't go out at day, they're vulnerable against crosses, holy water, garlic etc.

You can also relate to the story because the setting was like in a dorm house called the Glass House (Claire, Eve, Shane and Michael live together) and I really like the characters too:

-Claire- she's sort of smart, geeky type, she loves Physics and studying
-Eve- goth girl but she's really cool, the goth fashion was like a facade so that Brandon (vampire) would be turned off of her.
-Shane- laid back, happy-go-lucky type, he likes playing video games and stuff, he also cooks chili (i think they always eat chili at the house)
-Michael- he's a musician and he's like a ghost (he turns into a mist during daylight and he can't leave the house, the house sorts of protect him in a way, that when the sun goes down, he looks like a living person)

My favorite part was when Shane and Claire kissed, it was Claire's first kiss and the way it was described was very funny and I lol. There's really something geeky about Claire that it really turned out funny for me but it was a really sweet and romantic as well

I'm not into the plot yet because sometimes it felt unrealistic and contrive especially the Monica part (she's like total psycho, wanting Claire to be dead because she embarrassed her, she should have been arrested), I think it really became interesting towards the end and the story ends in a cliffhanger that you wanted to read the next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glass Houses.

May 16, 2010 – Shelved
September 5, 2010 – Shelved as: ya-books
September 10, 2010 – Started Reading
September 10, 2010 – Shelved as: own
September 10, 2010 – Shelved as: fiction
September 10, 2010 – Shelved as: fantasy
September 12, 2010 –
page 86
24.71% "So far so good, love the characters, kinda reminds me of Goosebumps"
September 13, 2010 –