Maghon Thomas's Reviews > Stone Guardian

Stone Guardian by Danielle Monsch

3382002

bookshelves: netgalley, fantasy, paranormal

So, I think Gargoyles are the new it, because this one has made me love them!! I found this on netgalley and boy am I ever glad they accepted my request. Terek is some kind of hawtness that I dunno if I could stand not knowing him :) He's an alpha gargoyle and it's a whole new ball game. Who ever thought stone could be so hot! LOL And this new world that is built here, it's amazing. Plus, there's not all that much usually spread around for the gargoyles, other than stone, right. Well not anymore.

Terak is his clan's leader. They are not only separate from the humans, but all the other supernatural creatures as well. Until the Oracle summons him. Yeah you show up for that meeting, trust me. She tells him he must guard a human names Larissa. Terak doesn't understand why this human could mean anything, except when he starts guarding her, he figures out something... Mate.

Larissa is human, but she is special. She is also not trying to prove to anyone that she's anything more than human. Thank you for that, no ones dying for stupidity. :) I loved her charming personality, her whole family of dudes, who treat her like she's grandma's crystal vase. Not pronounced VAYS, but VOS.... You know all special and what not LOL. She was born on the day the two worlds collided, the human world and the supernatural world. Her dad and 4 brothers are all cops, and they are not into supernatural, after all, their mom died on that special day giving birth to Larissa, so they blame the supernaturals. So, Larissa is very sheltered when it comes to anything other than human things. And then all of a sudden, supernaturals are coming out of the wood to kill her. She doesn't understand, and she's freaking out because a gargoyle saved her.

Yeah, this one is definitely a page turner. Not just because of the awesome tension of romance between Terak and Larissa, but also from the plot. It's a fantastic web being spun, and it'll knock your socks off. And there's some great side characters too, from the guild, and the Oracle, and I really love Larissa's family. Terak's clan makes me a little nervous, but I think things are gunna turn out ok. I absolutely cannot wait for more from this series!! :) 5 PAWS!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Guardian.

August 17, 2014 – Shelved