April's Reviews > The Soulkeepers

The Soulkeepers by G.P. Ching

2016803
Such an interesting read. Not your typical YA, this has many religious elements to the story. It does have the Urban Fantasy feel with Christian undertones.

The story moves rather slowly at times. It is almost all from Jacob's POV, with a couple snippets of others. It keeps the reader in the dark about what others are thinking or their motivations. Many times the supporting characters do not give enough hints into what they think and feel.

The romance is light, this is definitely a more male oriented YA read. Not really flowery or girly. There are also plenty of battle type scenes.It is definitely about the battle between good and evil.

I listened to the audiobook narrated by Jeffrey Kafer, is wonderful! He has a great deep voice that carries you through the story. He is one of the reasons I stuck with the story, even after it was clear it wasn't exactly to my taste. I loved his read and would really like to try something that is in my wheel house. His pace was terrific and he had an engaging energy in the read.

Overall, this wasn't a read for me, but I can see many audiences it would appeal to, very much. It is more of a Christian YA theme more geared to male readers.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soulkeepers.

Quotes April Liked

G.P. Ching
“The hardest thing you will ever do in life is to know for sure what is true.”
G.P. Ching, The Soulkeepers