Jasmin's Reviews > Spirit Bound

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

May 15, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal-romance, fiction, five-stars, paranormal, romance, favorites, reviewed-by-me
Recommended for: Someone who needs a fix for their vampire addiction
Read from May 24 to 25, 2010

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead is absolutely fantastic, terrific, magnificent. Hell, I could use all synonyms which pretty sums up GREAT but I still think it wouldn't give it the justice it deserves.

This book had me sitting at the edge of my seat. Honestly. Imagine Rose and Lisa, trying to free Victor from a heavily secure prison. Are you on the edge of your seat yet? Plus, Dmitri battles Rose in a Las Vegas casino. Hello, imagine all the normal people there to witness. Hmm, still not at the edge of your seat yet? How about Dmitri abducting Lisa just to lure Rose out? How about a whole team of guardians plus fire using moroi battle head on with the strigoi? How about Lisa putting a stake into Dmitri and turning him back into a Damphir? Yes, you heard me right. Lisa, the last of the Dragomirs, a moroi royalty. That's not it, Dmitri, the reverted back to a normal Damphir doesn't want anything to do with Rose. Rose, of whom when he was Strigoi, was determined to turn her to spend eternity with her? Anyway, what Dmitri is saying is totally different from how he protects Rose, but he claims that his love has faded. But I guess all readers know its crap.

The thing I love about this book is Adrian is no longer standing at the sidelines. He's standing firmly beside Rose. I think, this comes without saying, though I'll say it anyway, I am on team Adrian. This book would show you how deeply Adrian adores and loves her. He's willing to help her with her crazy antics of bringing Dmitri back, says that its ok that Rose still loves Dmitri. The extremes of what he would do for her would make him a saint, plus I have to mention that he stopped himself of having sex with Rose when Rose asked him and never even compelled her.

However, if your sitting at the edge of your seat, well, what I'll say next would make you fall (figuratively at least, for I wish you no physical harm), Rose is accused of treason for the murder of the queen. And if she's sentenced guilty, she'd face execution of the meanest sort.

The way the book ended hurt me so much, I was pretty sure that the pain would have resembled a fall from a fifty story building, because this book took me on a high, and when I reached the last sentence, which was a cliffhanger, I wasn't hanging on the cliff, I fell, for there was no more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spirit Bound.

05/24/2010 page 41
05/24/2010 page 66
13.5% "i just ♥ Adrian. I have this inclination to characters who just couldnt get the girl :))"
show 2 hidden updates…

Rhonda Well you obviously loved it!!! I really loved it too.

Jasmin it was fantastic :))

Rhonda makes waiting for the next book that much harder!!! ;o)

Jasmin definitely. *sigh* i wish December was more near. its an agonizing wait. :(

Niki It was really amazing :) It is still, though :D