Jennifer's Reviews > White Night

White Night by Jim Butcher

May 04, 2007

bookshelves: magic, thebest, geeky, signed-copy, contemporary, urban-fantasy, been-waiting-for, reread, owned
Read 6 times. Last read December 30, 2015 to January 2, 2016.

I read a book yesterday. Now, before you say, oh, that's boring, she does that every day (which is true enough), realize that I read an entire book yesterday. Specifically, Jim Butcher's new Dresden Files book, White Night.
Oh, Jim. How do you do it? There are only a few authors out there that can make me forget everything that I'm supposed to be doing and read. Admittedly, it's easy for me to get wrapped up in a book, but I don't finish very many books in a day any more. Though last week I read two books in four days.
He's got tight pacing. His characters are very human, no matter that they've got magical powers. His world is real, and I can see it. You care about what happens. And you know what? He actually answers questions that the series had posed earlier. Thank you, so much.
I read it fast enough that I can't remember all of it, which is a failing of mine, but I don't mind that much because it makes it easier to re-read ;) Thank you for the funnies and the heart-pounding moments, thank you for Toe-moss and Marcone and Lash.
(from my site: http://etoiline.com/coronach/2007/04/...)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Night.

May 4, 2007 – Shelved