Celia's Reviews > Dragon Haven

Dragon Haven by Robin Hobb

bookshelves: dragons, fantasy

The most recent book from Robin Hobb, and the second in a trilogy that is something of a sequal to the Liveship Traders books - we find out what happens with Tintaglia's dragon eggs, and the dragons that hatch from them.

In Dragon Haven, the dragons, their keepers and the crew on the boat accompanying them continue to make their way up the river towards the long lost city of the dragons and Elderlings. It's a relatively slow moving book, and contains a number of satisfying conclusions to conflicts that were developed in the first book (surprisingly for a second book in a trilogy really). And I liked the character arcs in this book, and particularly Alise's - Alise is such a great character, and my favourite in these books.

These books - and Robin Hobb's last trilogy - don't grab my attention as much as her earlier books, and I'm not entirely certain why. They seem to be less fast paced, or perhaps her writing style doesn't grab me as much as it used to. I really enjoyed this book, but I think it's partly because I am very fond of the world Hobb created in the Liveship Traders series, and I'm not sure I would have enjoyed this as much without that reading history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Haven.