Lady Allison's Reviews > Fast Women

Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie

May 14, 2010

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, jennifer-crusie, audio, paperback
Read from May 30 to June 01, 2010

I loved this book. I listened to it on audio so I think that added a special something to it, but it was really just a great story.

Nell Dysart just got divorced and since she was her husband's secretary, she found herself fresh out of a job and a marriage. So she went job hunting and she found Gabe McKenna and his family owned detective agency. Even after running a hole in the carpet, breaking the arm on the chair, and cracking the glass, Gabe reluctantly hired her as their secretary. But Nell quickly proves herself within the week by finding a car title his dad, the agency's previous owner, had hidden in the bathroom almost 30 years before as well as $5,000 that the previous secretary embezzled from the cleaning company! Over the next few months, Nell and Gabe discover not only the ZING between them, but also plenty of murder and mystery to keep you guessing until the end!!!

The mystery was really involved but always intriguing and never overly complicated. The secondary characters like Riley and Suze or Margie were just as fun to read as Nell and Gabe. & Crusie had some truly amazing things to say about marriage that had me nodding my head & widening my eyes in incredulity "How did she know I felt like that?!" and just writes and all around wonderful story about GIVE and TAKE in relationships and how important compromise, communication, and understanding truly are. A definite favorite!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fast Women.

05/30/2010 "Currently listening on audio & I LOVE THIS STORY! She has written some of the most heartfelt things about marriage that I've ever read & can really relate to. Love the characters & their friendship. Looking forward to seeing how this mystery evolves!"