Patricia Osborne's Reviews > The Sharp Hook of Love: A Novel of Heloise and Abelard

The Sharp Hook of Love by Sherry Jones

Being blessed with the honor to be one of Sherry's Sirens. I had the opportunity to read ARC The Sharp Hook of Love. Indeed the name itself speaks volumes. This novel is thought provoking and intense read. What a love story! Such sacrifice and passion. Sherry brings it all to life.

One of many passages in the novel struck and intense cord in me. This one in particular "Women -- daughters of Eve!" he cried. "Nay, you are Eve, the gateway of the devil. The one who unsealed the curse of the for-bidden tree." What a burden women then and now still carry with this mindset.

There is so much more than one can imagine in this love story and one that should not be set aside as a passing thought to read. I am sure when you pick up this novel you will be asking yourself if your love story could be like Heloise and Abelard or would you even want to.

The Sharp Hook of Love is a novel that would create great discussion and debates for Book Clubs and educational foundations. Sherry Jones The Sharp Hook of Love by Sherry Jones

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sharp Hook of Love.

August 14, 2014 – Shelved