Amy's Reviews > The Only City Left

The Only City Left by Andy Goldman

Aug 14, 2014

Allin Arcady has only one thing to live for, to get to the top of the roof of the city to see the sun for the first time in his life. After his parents tragic death, Allin has been roaming the depths of the ruined planet-city Earth, just trying to stay alive long enough to make it to the roof. Along his travels, Allin encounters many creatures of the night, genetically modified cats, vengeful warewolves and cyborgs. After learning about hidden family history, he has to decide if he will help save his new friends and what's left of Earth, or continue on his own adventure to the roof.

Let me open by saying I'm not generally a sci-fi fan. BUT after I got past the talking cats, it was actually a very good read. Around every corner poor Allin is running into another bad guy or problem! After losing his parents he thinks he can survive on his own and doesn't need anyone in his life. He soon learns that he needs help but who is he suppose to trust?? When he meets Tumble one of the cats, he learns some family history his parents never shared, and finds out his parents weren't really who he thought they were. He learns pretty quick that one can't run from the past and just because someone is family, doesn't mean he has to end up like them.

Overall, this is a great book, kept me intrigued and thinking now what?! The fight scene towards the end of the book when longer than I felt necessary. I know the author was trying to get you to feel like you were there, but quite a few pages in I was thinking die already or finish somehow! The ending leaves you thinking, there HAS to be more to the story! Since this is only book one I'm sure there will be many more twists to look forward to!

**I was given this free ebook in return for my honest review**
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Only City Left.

Started Reading