Carlie K's Reviews > Carmilla

Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu

This review is also posted on http://www.thebookishgirl35.blogspot.hk

You can buy this book from: http://www.bookdepository.com/Carmill...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Let's face the truth, how many lesbian vampire books could you find? Well, I couldn't think of any except this one. Or maybe you aren't interested in vampires or lesbian vampires, but if you are looking for some horror stories which are also classics, you should totally pick up this book!

All those classics have one commonality, they are all very slow or difficult for us to get into at the beginning. For Carmilla, I also had this problem at first, but still the narrator was able to keep my attention.

As for the narration, it's one of my favorite parts of this book. It's an account after all those creepy events happen. And the narrator is the protagonist herself, so it's like she's telling you the story, directly. And when I was reading, I felt like this girl was like sitting in front of me, wrapped in a blanket, still been haunted by those events while telling me her story.

Also, Carmilla is a charming character. Dark, romantic and dangerous, but who is also beautiful and full of charisma.

"If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours."
"You are mine, you and I are one for ever."

"But to die as lovers may -- to die together, so that they may live together."

The above are two of my favorite quotes from Carmilla, and you can see that she speaks one of the most romantic things I've ever read. And I really enjoyed reading them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carmilla.

July 15, 2014 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
July 15, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read (Other Paperback Edition)
August 14, 2014 – Started Reading