Ana T.'s Reviews > Silver Borne

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

May 13, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, read-in-2010
Read on May 13, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I really really loved Silver Borne. That is the first thing that comes to mind when I think about it. Yes, I think it may well be my favourite in the series.

It all starts when Mercy goes to return a book that Phin, a fae, lent her in a previous story. There she meets an elderly woman, also fae, and she suspects that something happened to Phin so she doesn't leave the book. And soon she has other things on her mind because Samuel is having a meltdown and thinking of suicide and she and Adam have to face the fact that some of the members of his pack really don't like Mercy and are not above letting her, or him, be hurt because of it. And then Gabriel is kidnapped by a Fae Queen and Mercy realises that the book she holds may be a lot more important than it seemed while Samuel comes face to face with someone from his past who might just be the right person to make him want to live again.

There were a lot of things to love here. Fans of the series will already know about the world Briggs created with so many interesting and different creatures and this one was no less interesting in that department as the previous books. Then I liked that she forced Mercy and Adam to go through a lot before they can settle down and accept their mating bond, some things had to come out in the open so they could be worked on and I think that is what she did. We have just a tiny bit of Bran and Charles in this one but I liked how they appear to enforce the law no matter what or whom. It still puzzles me how the werewolves can just have a big fight, spend all their energies and then all is well again and even those who behaved less than honourably (in my eyes at least) are still taken back into the pack has if nothing has happened. In a way it's simpler and cleaner if everyone obeys the rules, but at the same time an Alpha less worthy than Adam might feel tempted to strike back at those who challenged him. And last but not least I loved that she finally gave Samuel a reason not to give up just yet. I am not sure if his road towards an HEA will be an easy but I am very curious about it and I really hope that Briggs will not make me wait too long before publishing the next book. This one was a winner.

5/5
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Silver Borne.

03/24 marked as: read