Kim Howlett's Reviews > Consensual

Consensual by Livia Jamerlan

5 Stars

OMG what a incredibly hot, sexy read. This story has completely blown me away.

I loved Livia Jamerlan debut novel, Divided. I have been eagerly waiting her next book and couldn't wait to read Consensual. Luckily I wasn't let down. The book was amazing. Livia's writing style is great. She writes things in a that you can get engage in the book and with the characters easily. It was a privilege to read this story.
Braelynn Wolf is only focused on 2 things - work and law school. She believes this is her only way to survive and the only way she can make a difference. That is until she meets Peyton Haas. He is the defence attorney that is working on Braelynn's first legal case. Braelynn feels a connection with Peyton instantly. She has never felt this way about anyone before and she is struggling to stay away from Him. She finds herself lying to those around her on a regular basis just so she can be close to Peyton.
Braelynn is a very surprising character. I didn't connect with her instantly. It did take me a few chapters to understand her a little and see where she was coming from in the way she was acting. I did eventually love Braelynn . She had a lot of sides to her personality and it takes awhile for you to see her clearly. I loved how witty she was and admired her for going after what she wanted.
Peyton is OMG hot!!!!! He's sexy, forbidden and dangerous. I wasn't sure how his character was going to play out ....is he good or bad for Braelynn?? I loved the suspense of not knowing where the author was going to take his character and the suspense of not knowing how the story would end. He's powerful, interesting and someone I can defiantly picture as my new Book Boyfriend.
The sex scenes were incredibly hot. They will leave you very hot under the collar. I loved that even though there were a few sex scenes in the story, the author didn't let them takeover the book or takeaway from the story like sometimes sex scenes do.
Livia Jamerlan has created great characters that you can enjoy reading about . She manages to easily pull you in to the book and their lives and make you feel like your living your live along side Peyton and Braelynn.
I read the whole book in one sitting and I couldn't read it fast enough.
The only down side is that I felt I was left with a few unanswered questions at the end if the book. I'd if lived a few more chapters just to tie if all up nicely.
Over all a great book, that has blown all over books in its genre out the window.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consensual.

Finished Reading
August 13, 2014 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Kim Howlett :-) awesome. Can't wait