Eric's Reviews > Point of View New York City: A Visual Game of the City You Think You Know

Point of View New York City by Janko Puls

1205198

bookshelves: first-reads

I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Janko Puls's small, game-like book is a little gem of New York City trivia. I say game-like because, even though the word "Game" is in the title, Point of View New York City: A Visual Game of the City You Think You Know is really more like a picture book except the image info is in the back of the book (similar to some art books). As a new resident of NYC, Puls's book both reminded me of sights I see everyday and spurred me to seek out some of the interesting places I didn't know about. Puls also gives a bit of information - often a factual nugget about the sight, sometimes a story - that helps to place each unique corner of the city into the broader history of the people and culture. I think even someone outside of NYC would find value in the book, though, because it serves as an esoteric travel guide highlighting the hidden corners of this huge metropolis. More than anything, I value how small and intimate Puls makes the city feel through his beautiful images and informative text.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Point of View New York City.

Started Reading