Darcy's Reviews > Destined

Destined by P.C. Cast

May 12, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2011, e-book, vampires, ya

I thought this one was much better than the last couple of books. I think a big part of it is because the group seems to have grown up a little. They know they are facing dangerous situations, have lost those that they love and know that more is ahead of them.

I also like that finally there are others that know Neferet is bad. It is about time that people actually believe them.

There were some great moments with this book. I love how the group rallied around Zoey's Grandma and gave her comfort when she needed it. She has always been there for them, so it was great to see the reverse. I loved the options that are opening up for the horse instructor. I only hope that she takes advantage of it. Dragon is another instructor that surprised me, mostly because he was able to change how I felt about him in the duration of the book.

It will be interesting what happens next as the school deals with the changes in key positions and now that bad Neferet has been outed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined.

May 12, 2010 – Shelved
November 3, 2011 – Finished Reading
January 15, 2012 – Shelved as: vampires
October 18, 2014 – Shelved as: ya

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen I'm picking this up this weekend....I can't wait!!!!!

Darcy It is better so far than the last couple have been.

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Great to hear that. I've liked them all, but the first couple were the best

message 4: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Nov 04, 2011 03:56AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) I agree Darcy. It's like the authors are finally starting to get a real point of view.

Darcy I know what you mean Staica, I am actually looking forward to the next one now.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Me too. :) Don't let my 4 star rating fool you though. I gave it a "temporary" upgrade for being improved. It's a one week only deal, then I drop it to a 3.

Darcy I did see you had that title and I laughed, thought it was true for so many books. :)