Sue (Hollywood News Source)'s Reviews > Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend

Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn

liked it
bookshelves: chick-lit, young-adult, fanmix

description

Listen to my Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend fanmix on 8tracks.
Review also posted at Young Adult Hollywood.

Broken Hearts, Fences and other things to Mend started on an engaging note but the middle part got me all wired up, in a bad way. It was so frustrating. I almost ditched this book. I nearly did but I’m so glad I still went through with it till the end. BECAUSE…that’s how you end a book, making the readers beg and writhe in pain for the sequel.

Broken Hearts, Fences and other things to Mend follows the story of Gemma who pretends to be her best-friend Sophie, after her former childhood friend mistook her for someone else. After that all of the mischief and mayhem ensues.

I had a hard time reading this book, mostly because I find the lying and I do not recognized you, a plain bogus melodramatic ploy annoying though I’ll give Katie Finn the doubt since everything in real life is not black and white. And I do love a book that challenges me as a person. There are some boring parts but it wasn’t all that bad. It eventually got better. Throughout the book I believed I had already figured out the main plot twist and yet in the end it turned out I was mistaken. The real twist was even better and darker.

There are a lot of moral ethics this book could offer. I’m dying to get my hands on Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend.

August 12, 2014 – Started Reading
August 12, 2014 – Shelved
page 85
25.07% "Ive been reading this book since forever."
page 127
37.46% "It doesn't take one flying genius to know, someone is sabotaging her. I mean, come on. This is so stupid. <-------- this is the #1 reason, its taking me forever to finish this one."
page 175
51.62% "This whole book, really. "
August 13, 2014 –
page 214
63.13% ""
August 25, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Welcometomylifex just finished it,and omg I am shocked!

message 2: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Same. I didnt expected that twist at the end!

Welcometomylifex I want book 2 like now

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sue (Hollywood News Source) Im dying for it. I can't wait for more bloody revenge!

Welcometomylifex exactly,THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING