T.H. Hernandez's Reviews > The Accidental Kiss

The Accidental Kiss by Nicole Simone

There are a lot of similarities between The Accidental Kiss and other young adult paranormal novels I've read recently, right down to an incredibly sexy, cocky guy with green eyes named Daemon. But there are enough differences that this book stands on its own. I love the Santeria angle, and the fact that it's set in southern Louisiana is another plus for me. And yes, the Sublime song does dance happily in my head throughout the book. When they go into the Cat's Meow in the French Quarter, complete with girls dancing in cages, I actually squealed. It's one of my all-time favorite places in New Orleans!

Plot
The plot has a lot of unique angles for the genre. I loved that I never knew what was going to happen next. Where the story really works is in the world Nicole Simone has created. She's done a lot of work building a realm for her characters and she doles out information, as necessary, to move the story forward. While I like the romantic angle between Daemon and Sky, there isn't anything really new there. And that might be what bothered me the most. His brooding, her lust for him, his determined need to protect her, the obstacles that keep them apart...it all felt too familiar. But because the other elements in the story book so well, I was able to overlook that aspect and enjoy the story.

Characters
Even though I found Sky and Daemon to be sort of typical for the genre, I thought the supporting cast was fun and more developed than I'm used to. Just because Sky and Daemon weren't anything particularly unique, doesn't mean I didn't like them or root for them, because I did.

Bottom Line
If you like young adult paranormal, you should enjoy The Accidental Kiss. It has enough unique elements to make it very enjoyable and enough plot twists to keep you guessing.

Disclaimer
I was provided a copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Kiss.

Started Reading