T.R. Horne's Reviews > The Ghoul Archipelago

The Ghoul Archipelago by Stephen Kozeniewski

Aug 11, 2014

Kozeniewski has a particular style of writing that readers will either love passionately or simply hate. I've noticed a major theme with his writing that makes me absolutely love his books. First, he delivers shock therapy throughout the book. His description of people, place and disgusting actions are without comparison. He foreshadows very well and you may think you know what will happen but undoubtedly you will be surprised.

In The Ghoul Archipelago, you follow various storylines that may seem disjointed for the first portion of the book. I was almost discouraged then all of a sudden I realized that I cared about the characters enough to wonder where they went in the story. This novel had so much depth and breadth to it that I think the front cover doesn't do it justice. This is no ordinary zombie novel, set in urban America. I valued the setting and the character's distinct accents and speech patterns. It really made the novel come alive on so many levels. I appreciate the artistry that Kozeniewski brings to zombie novels...by far, The Ghoul Archipelago is a distinct piece of work! Raging Book Reviews Recommended!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghoul Archipelago.

August 11, 2014 – Started Reading
August 11, 2014 – Shelved
August 11, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
August 11, 2014 –
page 40
August 16, 2014 –
page 85
24.08% "this author never ceases to amaze me with his creativity!"
August 19, 2014 –
page 138
39.09% "coming together! lots of gore, blood and nasty shit...gotta love it!"
August 20, 2014 –
page 185
52.41% "Separate stories are beginning to align a bit. Very gory but definitely entertaining."
August 27, 2014 – Finished Reading