Ann-maree Coyte's Reviews > Twisted Engagement

Twisted Engagement by Sandi K. Whipple

U 50x66

Twisted Engagement is a story of finding new love and starting over. Lilly cancels her engagement to David, says goodbye to her best friend Sue, sells her business, and leaves New York City. She ends up in Everly Flats, a small town in Colorado. On a flight from Denver she meets Glenn Parsons, a hotel owner, who gives her a ride to Everly Flats. He's good-looking, and it isn't too long before there's a romance between them. When Sue comes to visit Lilly, some really weird things start happening. They're out shopping and are nearly run over by a Blue Bronco, doors are left open, and Sue thinks she's hallucinating.
Out of the blue, enters David! He's come to tell Lilly he wants her back. He gets rough with her and scares the hell out of her. When Lilly runs to Glenn for help, she arrives at his hotel in time to see him exit a limousine with another woman. And they're kissing. Too scared to go home, Lilly runs to her best friend Sue in New York. From there, it becomes a sadistic game of hide and seek.
I felt Twisted Engagement was well written, kept me wide awake, and in places it affected me so emotionally I had to force myself to remember it was only a book. I think Sandi excelled in putting together the plot. It's quite complex, and I found it flowed smooth and was easy to read. I had trouble putting it down. I read Sandi's other book, Loving Adonis, but I think I liked Twisted Engagement a lot more.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted Engagement.

Finished Reading