Paranormal Books R Us's Reviews > Restless Spirits

Restless Spirits by Kathy Bryson

Even though it was a little slow to start this turned into a fun story about the main character Marilee overcoming the troubles in her life that are bringing her down.
She is definitely a flawed character with a snippy attitude and I found myself more than once wanting to give her a good smack upside the back of her head. But with a very pushy meddling mother that was extremely sick, mounting bills, possibly losing her job, no love life in sight, oh and accidently burning down her best friends house it becomes easy to understand why Marilee is in such a bad mood.
So it's also easy to understand why when that same meddling mother sets her up with a new work situation helping to remodel an old house without telling her; Marilee is a little irritated about it. Though after she literally runs into John her possible new boss she can't say no to the job.
Little do John and Marilee know that turning that old house into a bed and breakfast will be way more difficult than they thought when the spirits come out to play and it was nice watching Marilee grow into a stronger more pulled together woman.
The author has created an awesome little town with some very interesting characters and I love how she weaves the magical and paranormal into their everyday lives. This can be read as a stand alone but the characters and storyline from her first book do make appearances in this story and I really enjoyed how it all tied together.
Overall this was a great lighthearted story and I look forward to seeing what other kinds of magical craziness are in store for this quiet little town. In my opinion Restless Spirits is recommended.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restless Spirits.

Started Reading