Mahyar's Reviews > Blood Brothers

Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts

May 11, 2010

liked it

'3.5 Stars'

Though a romantic suspense, it was not captivating. Characters were kinda dull at the beginning, and I liked Fox (The Hollow, second book from Sign of Seven's hero.) more than Cal, who's only a small part of the book. Therefore, I look forward to reading the sequel, and hopefully, it’ll have better love scenes than this one had. I’m not disappointed, but I had expected more from a well-known, best-selling author like Nora Roberts.

However, I think one of the reasons why this book didn’t appeal to me as much is that I haven’t been in the mood when I've started it. To be completely honest, I would’ve preferred an historical romance. So I’ll give her another chance by reading its sequel, The Hollow, really soon. Oh, and I already bought Dance Upon the Air too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Brothers.

May 11, 2010 – Shelved
May 31, 2010 – Started Reading
May 31, 2010 –
page 60
19.11% "Just started it an hour ago, It's OK so far."
June 1, 2010 –
page 130
June 1, 2010 –
page 160
50.96% "I should have started a historical romance instead. =/"
June 2, 2010 –
page 210
66.88% "Getting so good."
June 4, 2010 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne I'll be interested to see what you think, I've had Nora Robets on my TBR for ages, looked at her books in the Library and yesterday at the UBS, but, I've never borrowed, bought or read one:)

Mahyar Same here, it would've stayed on my TBR a while longer if my brother didn't buy this for me. I hope it's good.

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Hah! and there was me thinking you knew something I didn't:)

message 4: by Mahyar (last edited May 30, 2010 12:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mahyar LOL! I also have a copy of Dance Upon the Air, I'll have to force myself through it if I hate her writing style in Blood Brothers.

I haven't really started it yet, I'm re-reading my favorites parts of His at Night right now.

Miss Kim Mayhar - Roberts writes PG love scense for the more part. In her JD Robb books, she writes a little steamier, but nothing like what we all read now. lol

I reallyloved Dance Upon the Air and that whole series, but it's been about 4 years since I read them.

message 6: by Mahyar (last edited Jun 04, 2010 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mahyar Sometimes love scenes are not steamy yet they burn you, in Blood Brothers, I didn't feel any chemistry/connection between them, specially at the very beginning.

Oh, I hope I like it too, thank you for replying.