Ann-maree Coyte's Reviews > Loving Adonis

Loving Adonis by Sandi K. Whipple

U 50x66

Loving Adonis is about trust issues. Angie, a flower shop owner, meets handsome Gary, falls head over heels, and privately nicknames him Adonis. But she's been burned in the past. Gary, owner of a refrigeration company, meets Angie, and falls for her immediately. But he's been burned in his past. (Hell, in this day and age who hasn't been burned in their past?) They both carry the heavy baggage of severe insecurity, which leads them both to some major jealousy issues. Angie accidently sees Gary with a blonde who is hugging and kissing him. Angie is JEALOUS! Angie hires a private detective named Alan. Gary hears her on the phone with a guy named Alan. Gary is JEALOUS! Too stubborn to confront one another, their relationship becomes an on again off again affair. But boy, when it's on again, they have some really hot sex, well written too!
Though I found these two characters flawed to the point of stupidity, Sandi's writing creativity had me adoring them both! And I absolutely loved Aunt Ruth. She was a kick!
There's a scene where Angie and her best friend Carl are having lunch and both get very drunk. I laughed so hard I even cried.
I laughed in many places, got angry in a few, frustrated in others, and cried at the end. I think when someone's words can bring out all those emotions, they have created a damned good book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving Adonis.

Finished Reading