Tiffany's Reviews > Northanger Abbey

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

May 10, 2010

bookshelves: austen, classics, true-love, naive-innocent-heroine-hero, historical-romance

I really liked this book. Catherine's naivete is comical. She has an over active imagination that leads her to make false assumptions about different situations. She believes that things that occur in a Gothic novel also happen in real life. Meanwhile she falls in love with Henry a wealthy clergyman that is clever and smart. A series of events follow and Henry and Catherine are united. There love story is sweet and they do get their happy ending, as all Jane Austen characters do. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Northanger Abbey.

Quotes Tiffany Liked

Jane Austen
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Jane Austen
“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.”
Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

May 18, 2010 – Finished Reading
May 25, 2010 – Shelved as: true-love
July 24, 2010 – Shelved as: naive-innocent-heroine-hero
July 29, 2010 – Shelved as: historical-romance

Tiffany I really liked Northanger Abbey I thought it funny and entertaining. Jane Austen really has a way with words. Catherine's series of blunders in reading too much into situations and assuming that Gothic novels hold truth are comical. I really liked the love story between Henry and Catherine it was sweet.