Brenda's Reviews > The Silk Thief

The Silk Thief by Deborah Challinor

bookshelves: 2014-release, aussie-authors, historical-fiction, own-read

Gentle Harrie Clarke felt like she was coming apart at the seams; haunted by the earlier actions of her friends, Friday Woolfe, Sarah Morgan and herself where a man had died (admittedly he had deserved it), she couldn’t stop her thoughts going there continually. Her guilt was eating her up and blackness was creeping into her soul. To take her mind off her troubles, Harrie agreed to learn the art of tattooing when local tattooist Leo offered her the job. She was to practise on Friday, but Friday knew that Harrie’s work would be impeccable – her art was unique; her tattoos would reflect that.

Bella Jackson, now a high-brow brothel owner in Sydney Town, had first met Friday, Sarah and Harrie on the Isla when they were all transported to Australia in the 1830s for various misdemeanours; they all hated one another – Bella was vindictive and cruel plus she was blackmailing the girls. But murder and mayhem was rife on the streets of Sydney Town and when it connected them all, the consequences were dire.

Then when things couldn’t possibly become worse for Harrie – they did. Her devastation was immense; she felt herself losing touch with reality and didn’t bother to fight it. Would grief and torment always be a way of life for Harrie Clarke, or would her friends (who had troubles of their own) be able to unite and save her? And what would be the outcome?

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this series!!! The Silk Thief by Aussie author Deborah Challinor was completely and absolutely amazing! Historical fiction at its best; and with the distinct Australian flavour makes it so much more delectable. Highly recommended, but please start at book #1.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silk Thief.

August 8, 2014 – Shelved
December 23, 2015 –
page 304
December 23, 2015 – Shelved as: own-read
December 24, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

☼♄Jülie  Brenda can we claim Deborah Challinor as an Aussie author?

☼♄Jülie  Brenda wrote: "Yes she is Julie:) http://www.deborahchallinor.com/Pages..."

Woohooo, thats great :)

Brenda :D She actually lives near here:)

☼♄Jülie  I will have to adjust my "Edit Shelves" :))

Brenda Jools why did you just "like" my review of this book?? lol

☼♄Jülie  Brenda wrote: "Jools why did you just "like" my review of this book?? lol"

Oops, didn't realise I was liking your review, thought I was liking that you were planning on reading it! :/

Brenda Lol! That happens a lot lately!