Mandy's Reviews > The Liar Society

The Liar Society by Lisa Roecker

May 10, 2010

bookshelves: 2010reads

I LOVED this! Nancy Drew + Hilarious Snark + Hot Boys = LIARY SOCIETY.
I simply couldn't put it down.

Liar Society features Kate Lowry, a snarky, troubled teen unable to get over the death of her best friend just a year before. When she receives an email from her BFF's email account-- an account only she knew existed--she's launches a mission to discover the truth about her friend's death. Toss in a couple of boys, a trail of breadcrumbs and some serious secrets, and you have LIAR SOCIETY.

Laura and Lisa expertly weave together a cast of suspects, a slew of clues, and a protagonist to rival Veronica Mars, and the result is a suspenseful, page-turning read. To say I raced through the pages would be an understatement-- I couldn't wait to find out the truth!

Now I just want to know.... When can I read book 2?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Liar Society.

message 1: by Stasia (new) - added it

Stasia Kehoe Loved Nancy Drew...Loved Veronica Mars...Can't wait for this book to come out!

message 2: by Riddhi (new) - added it

Riddhi (desiderium.) There was a book I don't know much about.But one of my friends on Goodreads is looking for it.She said"I've been looking for a series of YA books I read as a teenager in the early 2000s. I know there was a boarding school/prep school and a scandal/murder. However, the thing I most remember was that one of the characters was a new-agey kind of hippie girl who imagined herself to be the reincarnation of Janis Joplin and her boyfriend as the reincarnation of the Grateful Dead's Pigpen."Could this be the one?