Debbie's Reviews > Fever Dream

Fever Dream by Douglas Preston

1945325
May 09, 2010

I'm glad to see that the Agent Pendergast books seem to be getting back on track. This was another enjoyable story in the series. I loved that we get to see more of Pendergast's past and it was kind of strange to think of him as being married at some point. I wish we could have seen more of the interaction between he and his wife but it still gave him a more human side as he tried to figure out why his wife was murdered. I'm glad that D'Agosta also played a large part in this story as it's always fun to see the contrast between Pendergast's and D'Agosta's methods. Then in the end we also see D'Agosta's girlfriend Captain Hayward get involved which is an even greater contrast. There are some great confrontations going on through out the book that made me laugh.

The only part I did not like is that there is a small side story regarding Pendergast's ward, Constance. I never really enjoyed that story line and it did not really fit at all in this story so I just found it irritating. Still this is another great book for all you Agent Pendergast lovers out there!

As a little bonus the authors mention a new character they are introducing in their next book. While I'm excited to see how this new character turns out the end of Fever Dream leaves you hanging a bit and I really cannot wait to find out what happens next.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever Dream.