Mare S's Reviews > My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto

My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster

May 09, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads, memoirs, nonfiction
Read in July, 2010

The length it took me to finish this book is in no way due to the actual book and more to my own ongoing life and craziness. This is the second book by Jen Lancaster that I've read and I have to say that she's one I will continue to read. I really enjoy the way Jen Lancaster writes. She comes across as someone I would want to be friends with (even though we don't share political ideologies, but she barely ever brings that up). Her writing style is unique and all her own, like she's having a chat with you about whatever she has learned or has happened to her. And it's always amusing, with an overall story from beginning to end. She's one of those writers who makes the banal bits of life enjoyable to read about, not boring in the yeah-we've-all-been-there sort of way.

This book focuses mainly on her decision to become more culturally aware by opening herself up to new experiences with theater, literature, food, etc. I found it quite interesting as someone who, while I've always loved theater, has her own issues with coming out of her own comfort zones. And it's nice to see that others struggle with the same things, just in different ways.

Overall: highly enjoyable.

If you like memoirs or books about life lessons and opening up to the world, this a book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Lazy.

06/19/2010 page 34
9.0% "I am at the will of the library hold system and it's in."
06/26/2010 page 196
51.0% "loving it!"
07/01/2010 page 241
63.0% "reading slowly due to lots of work"
show 1 hidden update…