Sharon's Reviews > Stripped Away

Stripped Away by Ellis Carrington

Stripped Away is the second book in The Escapade series. The Escapade is a stripper club owned by two gay men. We met Greg in book one, Stripped Clean, and learned a little about his business partner Ricky. We also learned Greg has a step-brother, Dave, who he has never met. Stripped Away is Dave's story and brings the two brothers face to face for the first time and bringing Ricky into Dave's carefully constructed world that is now falling apart around him.

This story has one of my favorite tropes, hate to love, which means a lot of sexual tension and some angry frustrated sex while they try to work through their feelings, throw some possessiveness in there and YUM! While I loved all the button pushing they did to each other, this story is more about Dave's internal conflicts and growth. The book starts out with Dave's world destroyed. All the choices he has made have been to please someone else and do what was expected of him, especially his dad. He had to hide his sexuality from his family and the community, settling for a secret relationship with the local vet, Jeremy. He even he had to suppress his true sexual desires because Jeremy didn't approve. By the time Ricky shows up Dave is one frustrated, confused and angry person. Ricky is everything Dave wanted but could never have. Carrington did an excellent job explaining what was going on in Dave's head as he slowly freed himself from the emotional prison he built for himself. There is also a little bit of a thriller plot twist at the end.

I liked this story better than book one mainly because of the way Dave is written. Carrington broke my heart as I read about these two men who want to love and be loved so desperately. Then put it back together again as they learned to trust each other and realize they deserve it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stripped Away.

Finished Reading